Louth County Archives Service
Access and Opening Hours: By appointment 9am – 4pm Mon – Fri (closed 1pm-2pm)
Exhibition Room: 9am – 4pm Mon – Fri (closed 1pm-2pm)
Services Provided: Online archive catalogue available on website.
Copying is permitted where possible upon completion of application form; copying fees apply.
Free internet access in Research Room.
Digital collections available on website/Facebook page.
Primary Collections: Public archives include:
- Louth Grand Jury
- Board of Guardians poor law unions for Ardee, Drogheda and Dundalk
- Rural District Councils for Ardee, Drogheda and Dundalk
- Urban authorities: Ardee Corporation, Ardee Town Commissioners, Dundalk Municipal Corporation, Dundalk Town Commissioners, Dundalk Urban District Council and Drogheda Borough Corporation.
- Carlingford Corporation
- Dunleer Corporation
- Louth County Council
Private collections that document the history and development of the county including:
- Louth County Committee of Agriculture
- Dundalk Harbour Commissioners
- Filgate of Lisrenny Papers
- Caraher of Cardistown Family Papers
- The Roden Collection
- Joseph Dolan Papers
- Tempest family and Dundalgan Press
- The Paddy Mallon – Great Northern Railway (Ireland) Collection
- Bellingham family of Castlebellingham
- Oral History Archive Collection
- Various national school archive collections
For further collections, see the introduction page of the online archive catalogue.
- Enquires to: The Archivist
- Name: Louth County Archives Service
- Street: Old Gaol, Ardee Road
- City: Dundalk
- County: Louth
- Country: Ireland
- Telephone: 042-9324358