The International Council on Archives had translated the Universal Declaration on Archives to Irish.
This Declaration the Universal declaration on Archives (UDA) sets out concisely the unique characteristics of archives and the management requirements to provide ongoing access for as long as the records are needed. It has been conceived as a basis for advocacy and promotion to support archives and the profession, and addresses a wide public.
UCD Digital Library now offers a valuable visual history of a key period in Irish history with its most recent addition, the Desmond FitzGerald Photographs.
Shaping the City: the maps and drawings of the Wide Street Commissioners from 1757 to 1849. A talk by Dr John Montague at the Dublin City Library & Archive, Pearse Street, on Monday 25th August at 6.30pm.
Galway City Council are holding their 4th International Hetigage Conference from the 24th to the 26th September 2014. The theme of this conference is "A Millennium and a Half of Irish Literary Heritage".
The invitation for the full event guide is attached here.
- Release of the Military Services (1913 - 1923) Pensions Collection
- Virtual Archive of Famine Stories Launched at UL
- Oral History Network of Ireland Conference
- WW1 ROAD SHOW TRINITY COLLEGE DUBLIN
- The Fleischmann Diaries Online Archive
- Irish Volunteer Exhibition Launched in County Galway
- Library Camp Ireland 2014
- National Archives Open Day