Booking is now open for the forthcoming ‘Digital Preservation For Archivists’ training event to be held at the Irish Architectural Archive, Dublin, on 12 March 2015. Organised by the Irish Region, in conjunction with the ARA Section for Archives and Technology the training day will be facilitated by Simon Wilson of the University of Hull and will include two case studies from Ireland.
Archivists urged to support Irish Archives Resource’s future growth
Wednesday, 17 September 2014 – The Irish Archives Resource (IAR), represented by a voluntary group of professional archivists launched an information flyer in the National Archives today about Ireland’s only archive web portal, www.iar.ie to mark its expansion and the provision of access to hundreds of unique archival collections. The portal is unique in Ireland by facilitating users to view a rich and diverse range of archival collections in a single website. Announcing today a doubling in size with contributors from over 30 prominent archival repositories, the IAR is also calling on archivists to join the portal by providing descriptions of their key collections to support its continued growth.
Booking is now open for a series of workshops and webinars offered by the ARA and Preservica during 2015.
All training under the Practical Digital Preservation 2015 initiative is free of charge to ARA members.
The ARA,I Committee is inviting you to attend our AGM on 12 March 2015, at the Irish Architectural Archive, Merrion Square, Dublin 2. The notice, an agenda, and the minutes of last year's AGM are included at the bottom of this message.
As part of the Abbeys 110 years commeration on the 27th December 2014 they have launched an interactive website, this site is being updated on a monthly basis with 10 items from their vast archive.
- WWI Ireland: Exploring the Irish Experience
- Manuscript launched this week charting history of O’Reilly clan
- War memorial records digitised for centenary
- Symposium: "The Human Rights Scholar-Activist or Activist-Scholar?" and Launch of Professor Kevin Boyle Archive
- Community Archives and Heritgage Group Awards
- Copyright for Archivists and Records Managers
- New exhibition on Irish and Russian Theatre coming to Hardiman Library
- Government approves 1916 commemorative centre plans for Dublin's Moore Street