Booking is now open for a series of workshops and webinars offered by the ARA and Preservica during 2015.
All training under the Practical Digital Preservation 2015 initiative is free of charge to ARA members.
The training programme will focus on pragmatic methods and techniques for managing, preserving and providing access to public and commercial sector digital records, and will promote the development of a
dynamic, ongoing community of ARA members sharing best practices for Digital Preservation. The programme, which is free of charge to ARA members, will include a series of one day educational workshops across ARA UK and Ireland regions and webinars on “how to” topics covering implementation, use of the Cloud, practical case studies and integration with records management. John Chambers, CEO of ARA, adds “Having the knowledge and hands-on experience of how to properly manage and preserve an increasing volume of digital content is a vital skill for our members to have. We are therefore delighted to announce the availability of the Practical Digital Preservation 2015 training programme in conjunction with Preservica, and look forward to a growing community of ARA members sharing best practice in Digital Preservation”.
Preservica Chief Executive Jon Tilbury adds, “Preservica’s Digital Preservation and Access technology is already in use at a number of ARA member organisations and we look forward to working with ARA to share practical experiences of implementing and managing Digital Preservation governance and systems”.
One-day workshops will take place as follows:
- Practical OAIS Digital Preservation - 28 January 2015 in London
- Practical OAIS Digital Preservation - 25 February 2015 in Birmingha
- The 5 Step Digital Preservation Journey - 25 March 2015 in London
- Practical OAIS Digital Preservation - 22 April 2015 in Edinburgh
- Practical OAIS Digital Preservation - 20 May 2015 in Bristol
- The 5 Step Digital Preservation Journey - 17 June 2015 in Birmingham
One hour live online Webinars (11am – 12pm UK time) will take place as follows:
- Digital Preservation in the Cloud - 21 January 2015
- Achieving ISO Standard for Digital Preservation – 18 February 2015
- Aligning Records Management with Digital Preservation – 18 March 2015
- Synchronising Axiell CALM with Digital Preservation – 15 April 2015
- New Ways of Ensuring Access to your Digital Archive – 13 May 2015
- Digital Preservation in the real world: case studies – 10 June 2015
More details at http://www.archives.org.uk/events/display.html
Or call the ARA Office for more information: 00441823 327077.